The Pioneer House High School curriculum has a number of key components which take a systematic and strategic approach to developing and embedding essential skills, knowledge and understanding over time to allow leavers to meet the complexities of the workplace with confidence and competence.
- Core curriculum areas of Maths, English, Computing and PSHE are essential to fulfilling the school goals and will form a key component throughout the curriculum. Opportunities to develop literacy and numeracy skills with an emphasis on applying them in a functional way to real world working (banking, budgeting, CV writing, form filling etc.) are a central part of the curriculum.
- A learning-focused, thematic curriculum provides a structured approach to foundation subject and Science delivery in KS3, ensuring that pupils can make connections between their learning and their real life experiences.
- Our healthy lifestyles curriculum supports pupils to make responsible, informed choices in school, at home, the community and in the workplace, developing independence skills to equip students for life beyond school.
- An explicit Skills for Life and Learning curriculum develops skills in Team Working, Self Managing and Effective Participating including communication, resilience, interaction and, reliability.
- Our vocational curriculum has strong focus on business, social enterprise and on developing employability skills. The curriculum is underpinned by a qualifications framework which helps young people to have a pathway that leads into work
- The enrichment curriculum supports pupils to understand and access the rich leisure, sporting and cultural opportunities available within the city, providing the skills, knowledge and understanding to apply their developing independence skills to fulfil personal interests and engage in a meaningful way with their local community.
If you require any further information about the curriculum at Pioneer House, please email email@example.com and we will direct your query to the relevant member of staff.