Teaching Assistant Level 4
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in a brand new special school for pupils aged 11 – 19 years, situated in newly completed premises in Northern Moor.
Our pupils, all of whom have severe learning difficulties, follow a vocational curriculum with a strong focus on supporting young people to become active citizens who make a positive impact on their communities. The rapid growth of this innovative school will offer the post holders ample opportunities for skill development and progression over the next few years through training and support.
Teaching Assistant (TA4) with responsibility for Safeguarding and Behaviour Support
Full time, 42 weeks, permanent
Grade 6, pt 27 Salary £24,657 (pro rata)
The Prospere Learning Trust vision is to provide exceptional education for children from any background so that they become happy, confident adults. The Prospere Trust is committed to fully comprehensive education and working in and around Greater Manchester to provide inspiring, memorable schooling for all its students.
Pioneer House High School is a new 100 place Free Special School, established in September 2016, for students with significant learning difficulties aged from 11-19 years.
The school has a focus on developing Enterprise, Employability and Independence Skills with our pupils; as a result of rapid expansion we require a TA4, with experience of working with pupils with SEND, to join our successful and committed team.
The post holder will be expected to meet the job description and person specification for a TA4 who will work with senior leaders, pupils, parents, teachers and teaching assistants to support staff across school to implement highly effective personalised behaviour support. She/he will also work with the safeguarding lead to maintain an overview of personalised planning for those pupils who experience challenges as a result of safeguarding concerns.
This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the inspiring and highly skilled team at Pioneer House High School. We are a happy, lively school where staff & pupils enjoy learning and achieving together.
In this post you will:
- Have the highest ambitions for our pupils and our school
- Possess good literacy and numeracy skills
- Have good communication skills
- Have the organisational skills to maintain an overview of safeguarding, including behaviour intervention, across school.
- Provide curriculum and teaching and learning support for teachers in an identified area of the school so that they deliver outstanding teaching
- Make a notable impact on the quality of learning in a lesson
- Maintain confidentiality inside & outside the school
- Be able to act immediately on advice from the Head teacher & SLT to improve performance
- Have a willingness to learn and take on new ideas
It is essential that you:
- have experience of working with pupils with special educational needs and disabilities,
- have a proven track record of outstanding support for teaching and learning with evidence of impact,
- have the ability to think critically, creatively and be decisive,
- have enthusiasm and sound common sense and are relentlessly positive!
You will be evaluative, reflective and inspirational, with the ability to motivate others to take on new challenges that will enhance the opportunities we offer. The successful candidate should have strong and proven experience of working in this field.
If you are ready to rise to the challenges presented by this post, we invite you to submit an inspiring application that clearly identifies what you can bring to the team at Pioneer House High School.
For further information on the post please contact Wendy Godfrey, Head teacher.
Closing date for applications: Midday Friday 7th September 2018
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 17th September 2018
School visit: Welcome by prior arrangement in w/b 3rd September 2018
Candidates will be shortlisted against the person specification for the post. CVs will not be accepted in place of the application form. Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to have a lesson observation as part of the interview process. We anticipate that the selected candidate will be based at Pioneer House High School initially although teachers may be expected to teach across the Trust over time.
The Prospere Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.