|Job Title||Administration Manager|
|Contract Type||Full Time (Term Time plus 3 weeks – 41 weeks)|
|Location||Pioneer House High School|
|Reporting to||School Business Manager and Headteacher|
|Salary||Grade 6 £25,295 pro rata|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Administration Manager to join our team at Pioneer House High School, for students aged 11-19years, who have a range of special educational needs. We are a happy, lively school where staff & pupils enjoy learning and achieving together.
- To oversee an effective administrative service to the school, developing systems and procedures and setting standards.
- To ensure the school runs effectively in all operational areas, liaising with Trust colleagues and functional experts as needed.
- To act as PA to the Senior Leadership Team in meeting the varied and changing administrative and organisational needs of the school.
- To assist with routine accounting duties as required by the School Business Manager
- To work collaboratively with all staff and parents in order to support pupil wellbeing.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and organised, with a proactive approach to tackling issues, using own initiative to trouble shoot issues independently. You will have significant experience working in administration and managing the work of a team of administrative staff. Previous school experience is desirable but not essential.
• A dynamic and forward thinking Trust that works in partnership to ensure outstanding achievement of all children.
• A commitment to your own professional development
• An opportunity to be part of a recently opened and developing school
• The opportunity to lead within, and contribute to, our growing Trust
• Excellent career average pension scheme (Greater Manchester Pension Fund – see https://www.gmpf.org.uk/key.htm for more information)
Candidates will be shortlisted against the person specification for the post. Applications will only be accepted on the standard application form and CV’s from Agencies will not be accepted.
The selection process will consist of a panel interview and assessment task.
We anticipate that the selected candidate will be based at Pioneer House High School initially although the successful candidate may be expected to work across the Trust over time.
Closing date for applications: Friday 3rd May 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 13th May 2019
School visit: Welcome by prior arrangement
Our recruitment policy, Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and Privacy Notice for applicants can be found on the school website.
Completed applications and enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
Pioneer House High School is a 100 place Free Special School, established in September 2016, for students with significant learning difficulties aged from 11-19 years. The school has a focus on developing Enterprise, Employability and Independence Skills with our pupils; as a result of rapid growth we require a teacher, with experience of working with pupils with SEND, to join our successful and committed team.
Prospere Learning Trust was formed in September 2017 through the merger of two multi academy trusts. We currently employ over 500 staff and are passionate about securing the best possible education for our young people, and believe that our staff play a vital role in achieving our vision. Prospere Learning Trust currently comprises of 5 secondary schools, including 3 mainstream schools and 2 special needs schools. We are a growing Trust, currently working in the South Manchester area but with further schools anticipated across Greater Manchester.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks. The post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (amended in 2013). Appointable candidates will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Information provided by you or the DBS will be dealt with in a confidential manner and in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice.
We have a policy on the Employment of Ex-Offenders and it is available upon request.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
Prospere Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.