In November 2023 Pioneer House Achieved the
Rights Respecting Schools SILVER - Rights Aware Award.
At Pioneer House High School we very proud to be working towards the UNICEF Rights Respecting School Award. The Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA) is an initiative run by UNICEF UK, which encourages schools to place the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) at the forefront of its culture and curriculum.
Unicef is the world’s leading organisation working for children and young people and their rights. In 1989, governments across the world agreed that all children have the same rights by adopting the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). These rights are based on what a child needs to survive, grow, participate and fulfil their potential.
Our Core Values
- We respect each other – Article 1
- We value the wellbeing of all staff and students – Article 12, Article 13, Article 24
- We expect the best – Article 23, 28
- We value co-operative learning – Article 15. Article 29
- We recognise that everyone is an individual and we value diversity – Article 1, Article 2. Article 8, Article 14, Article 30
- We value learning – Article 31, Article 32
What do we do at Pioneer House to promote the Rights Respecting Environment?
- Collective Worship time creates an opportunity for students to explore the Rights of the child.
- Assemblies are underpinned by our school core values and the Rights of the child.
- School Council and Steering group represent the school community and ensure that students voices are heard and reflected in school life.
- Positive behaviour support policy to promote the wellbeing and safety of all students at Pioneer House.
- Parent coffee mornings to discuss Children’s Rights with parents and carers.
- Rights Respecting celebration days organaised by School Council and Steering group.
- Opportunities to support people in our local community – food banks, Big Feed, Children in Need.
To read more about UNICEF Right Respecting Award click link: https://www.unicef.org.uk/rights-respecting-schools/
Summary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
We Are A Rights Respecting School