Our Equality Objectives for 2017 - 2019 are:
Each objective has the supporting evaluations in their own action plans, and will be quality assured by external professionals.
Objective 1: To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and special educational need or disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
Data is analysed in pupil progress meetings at least 3 times a year for each cohort. Any areas causing concern are then addressed and steps put into place with any groups or individuals requiring intervention.
Objective 2: To raise levels of attainment in all subjects for vulnerable learners to ensure all learners achieve equally well.
Use data analysis, pupil progress meetings, teacher’s performance management targets to ensure that any underachieving pupils are identified and supportive intervention measures are put in place.
Objective 3: To raise levels of parental and pupil engagement in learning and school life, across all activities including regular attendance to ensure equity and fairness in access and engagement.
The pastoral team have a range of ways to ensure that pupils and parents are supported across different aspects of school life:
- Pupils with EHC Plans have termly targets and evaluations that are shared with home
- Annual Review meeting to ensure that sufficient resources are being directed appropriately and the pupil can meet their potential.
- A range of multi-agency professionals are used to meet need and support engagement e.g. SaLT, OT, CAMHS, Music Service, Careers Advice
- Use of school attendance team to support to support attendance
- Use of Behaviour team to support behaviour improvement
- A range of student extra curricula activities- residentials, after school clubs, early bird drop off
- Parental and carer engagement groups including Parent Group and Families for Tea
We recognise that family engagement has had a positive impact on pupil attendance and progress.