At Pioneer House High School the curriculum includes an emphasis on Enterprise, Employability and Independence, whilst also providing a broad, balanced and meaningful curriculum across all key stages. In all key stages there is a strong focus on practical skills.
The curriculum is structured to equip young people with a significant learning need with the skills to realise their potential:
Pioneer House provides a rich learning experience for all pupils which encourages a love of learning and enables them to make progress by acquiring the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to meet the challenges of the 21st century and to enter the work of work.
We do this through:
- A stimulating, challenging, engaging and inclusive learning environment;
- Appropriate teaching and learning strategies, well suited to the learning needs of the pupils;
- Individualised, appropriate learning opportunities;
- Support for pupils to make informed choices and decisions in both the school and workplace and throughout their lives;
- Varied and engaging enrichment opportunities so that our young people can engage with leisure, cultural and sporting activities and events in the local community and the wider city;
- A whole school work ethic which encourages pupils to be immersed in a task orientated culture from the beginning, building their expectations and understanding of the world of work.